We are on a mission to spark the creative imagination of young people using hands on technology. Our award winning make-it-yourself kits and digital tools help kids (and the adults that love them) to make, play, code and invent using technology.
We started small, around our kitchen table, and have now built a company of 28 passionate designers, educators, engineers and problems solvers – obsessed with inspiring kids and empowering parents to become creators of technology. We have 6 different make it yourself kits and hundreds of digital tools and projects to support kids in learning though play.
We have sparked the imaginations of kids in over 97 countries around the world. We work closely with children to design our kits, engaging in large scale research projects before beginning on design & manufacture.
We often get asked about our name and if we actually think technology will save us… The answer is that we believe diverse, creative and empowered kids and families will save us and technology will be at the heart of how they do this!
Technology Will Save Us was founded by Bethany Koby & Daniel Hirschmann.
Bethany is a mom, CEO, designer, educator and art director interested in creating brands, businesses and experiences that help imagining a more positive and collaborative future. Bethany has been selected as one of the Designer’s that Matter by Wired Magazine, one of the Top 50 Creative Leaders by Creative Review and has spoken at TED Kids, Resonate and Maker Faire, to name a few.
Daniel is a dad, artist, educator and entrepreneur who uses technology as a vehicle for delivering human centred learning experiences.
● Founded in 2012 by Bethany Koby and Daniel Hirschmann
● Tech Will Save Us kits have been made – and imaginations sparked – in 97 different countries around the world.
● The DIY Gamer Kit is a design hit – it has been acquired as part of the permanent collections of both the Museum of Modern Arts (MoMA) and as the London Design Museum.
● Winner of the 2016 Homes and Gardens Designer Awards for Innovation.
● Selected as the feature business for the Mayor of London’s Go to Grow programme for high-performing UK businesses.
● Learning partners include: Prince’s Trust, Great Ormond Street Hospital School, The Scouts, Barclays code playground, BBC, Code Club.
● Designed the new BBC micro:bit, in conjunction with the BBC, that has been given for free to 1M kids in the UK in 2016.
● Advisors to Tech Will Save Us include: Matt Webb, Founder of Berg and IOT hardware extraordinaire; Richard Moross, CEO of MOO.com and Tracy Doree, entrepreneur, VC ex Fab.com, Llustre and founder of Spring Partners.
Frequently asked questions about Technology Will Save Us, read here.
Download Technology Will Save us images and videos.